Hyper-V Granular Restore: VHDX Mounting problem

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Hyper-V Granular Restore: VHDX Mounting problem

Postby symotion » Thu May 14, 2015 3:31 am

Hello,

I was trying to restore files of a Hyper-V Guest with Granular Restore. It shows 6 backups from the past 6 days.

But then I see only one backup (but assume it's one record per backup job and not for each individual backup instance?).

When I continue I choose to mount that image as drive P: (or other) but the mounting process never completes. I've waited 5 hours for it but without success. In disk management there is a VHD appearing without a drive letter assigned to it. But when I manually assign a letter it only shows the C: drive of the host but not of the guest. What do I have to do?

V8 is not an option, as I cannot restore the required files from a V7 backup with it.

Many thanks
symotion
User

Re: Hyper-V Granular Restore: VHDX Mounting problem

Postby michael.jones » Fri May 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Hello,

It's Michael Jones from support.

I'm just curious wht you would not be able to restore files from a v7 backup with V8?
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Re: Hyper-V Granular Restore: VHDX Mounting problem

Postby symotion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:48 am

Hello,

It said that I cannot restore from backups taken with V7 by using V8. At the end I found the required file in the VSS Previous Versions and upgraded to V8 so that I won't have this issue again.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
symotion
User

Hyper V Granular Restore VHDX Mounting problem

Postby Rubenitasy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm

This does seem quite strange... now that I see the full info, Im not sure what the problem could be. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

манипулируют раскруткой
Rubenitasy
User

Return to Technical Support v7