BackupAssist Not Listed in Uninstall A Program

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

BackupAssist Not Listed in Uninstall A Program

Postby andebennett » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:36 am

In October of 2014 I installed a trial of BackupAssist V8 on a client's Server running Windows Server 2012 Essentials. I created a Backup Scheme and started testing the backup. Every time the backup ran the Server became unresponsive and the backup failed with errors. Rather than pursue the issue I decided to delete the backup scheme and look for another Backup solution. Once the trial expired I started to get a daily email notification, presumably from the BackupAssist Service running on the Server, with the following message:

Backups will not be attempted on CK-SERVER because your trial period for BackupAssist has expired. To continue using BackupAssist, please purchase a license from your reseller, or visit http://www.backupassist.com/

My intent was to uninstall the program back in 2014 but a family crisis derailed my IT Business for a couple of years and this issue got put on the back burner. I am now attempting to resolve the issue by uninstalling BackupAssist but discovered that it is not listed in "Uninstall A Program". Not sure if my client or another IT person has attempted to uninstall it in the past. What is the easiest and cleanest way to uninstall the software?

Thanks for your assistance.
Ande
andebennett
User

Re: BackupAssist Not Listed in Uninstall A Program

Postby Mike D » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 am

BackupAssist will only show up in the program and features area for uninstall under the login account that installed it. If you installed it say as the Administrator account and now are logged in as user1 you will not see the option to uninstall, you would need to login as administrator to uninstall it.
Thank You,
Mike Deaton
BackupAssist U.S. Help Desk Team Leader
US Support Office: Louisville, KY
+812-206-4265
helpdesk@backupassist.com
www.backupassist.com
Mike D
Cortex I.T.

Re: BackupAssist Not Listed in Uninstall A Program

Postby andebennett » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am

Hi Mike,

There are 2 Administrator accounts. I logged into the other one and there it was. I had no problems uninstalling it.

Thanks!
andebennett
User

Return to Technical Support v8