Exchange Granular Restore - Folders Empty

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Exchange Granular Restore - Folders Empty

Postby richtea » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi All,

I have an exchange user, we have lost the last several days worth of emails due to a required roll back.

I can see on all users apart from 1 that all the emails are available for restore. It just so happens the 1 that almost all folders are empty is my Boss. The backup history report all backups were ok.

How come I cannot see any emails to restore from, I have tried different backups to restore from, but no joy.

As a note his mailbox is between 5 and 6GB in size. Should it just take an eternity to show or is there another way to do this?

Kind Regards

Richard
richtea
User

Re: Exchange Granular Restore - Folders Empty

Postby michael.jones » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Hello,

It's Michael from support.

Can you do a test resstore with just one or two emails to see if that works?
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Re: Exchange Granular Restore - Folders Empty

Postby richtea » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:08 am

Hi Michael,
The restore process itself works fine, it just the last fews days of backup that are the issue.

No emails are showing within the folders, when looking at the exchange granular restore. I have managed to go back a week, and all was fine for that day and earlier. But recent backup show nothing.

Thankyou for your reply, hope you can help.

Kind Regards

Richard
richtea
User

Return to Technical Support v8