Backup for 6 month

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Backup for 6 month

Postby Noc-Net » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi,

Is is possible backup assist to backup bare metal and data for 6 month? What we want to achieve is backup incremental for daily and full backup on weekly. Those will store in local disk/share disk for 5 month.

Let say we want to restore from 2 week from current backup, we can choose from the date we already done backup. Is it possible? if possible please show me the way.

Thanks.
Noc-Net
User

Re: Backup for 6 month

Postby Noc-Net » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:19 am

I assume backup assist has no features to backup more than 1 month since no reply from support team.
Noc-Net
User

Re: Backup for 6 month

Postby michael.jones » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:22 am

Hello,

Yes it is possible to have 6 months of backups available.

This depends on the size of the backup, the available space on the media, and the schedule.

Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist? This will give us a lot more information to run on to be able to help resolve this quickly for you.

The steps to submit diagnostics are as follows:
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.
5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.
Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.

If you have further issues, please browse to:

32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
Browse for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.
As an alternative, you can also use our manual upload site which has a limit of 50MB. The URL for this manual submission page is http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v8