.recycle Folder

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

.recycle Folder

Postby Noc-Net » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi,

What does .recycle folder purpose? We saw the directory inside same as out side that backup our server image and data. We saw this .recycle using huge space. Please elaborate to me.

Thanks.
Noc-Net
User

Re: .recycle Folder

Postby Stuart » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum.

It's the folder that the Recycle Bin that's located on your desktop refers to. If this is large it's because it hasn't been 'emptied' from the system for quite some time.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Postby Noc-Net » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Can i remove manually or it can effected the restore procedure?
Noc-Net
User

Postby Stuart » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi again

You can try and delete this from the backup - however it does have the potential of causing future issues as far as backup validation goes.
What I'd recommend is clearing the Recycle Bin from within your server so that this data is no longer present on the system; therefore isn't backed up.

Steps to do this can be found on the following site: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000824.htm.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Postby Noc-Net » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm

I have check recycle bin on desktop. No such in it and it's already empty. Any work around to reduce that space? Still getting huge space on that .recycle folder.
Noc-Net
User

Postby casey.burns » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:19 am

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

If you wish to manually remove data you may do so, however, you do so at your own risk.

I suggest reading through Stuart's previous responses for help on how to manage the recycling bin.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Return to Technical Support v8