Volume on iSCSI target (NAS) disappears during backup?

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Volume on iSCSI target (NAS) disappears during backup?

Postby Mr Davo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi All,

I have a backup to NAS configured, and am able to successfully test the iSCSI target (Right Click NAS Backup Job > Edit > Edit [Destination] > Test Connection) on the NAS from Backup Assist (v8.4.2r1).

Furthermore this backup has run ok in the past, but has recently stopped, and now presents the error below -

Retrieving volume information...
This will back up (EFI System Partition),System(C:),Managed(M:),Data(D:) to
... \\?\Volume{3094786f-c7a8-4d18-acea-7f89bc292ee0}.
ERROR - The specified backup location could not be found or is not a
supported backup storage location.

It appears that the iSCSI volume (\\?\Volume{3094786f-c7a8-4d18-acea-7f89bc292ee0}) disappears during the backup job.

I have raised a support ticket (from within the BA software, but am yet to receive a confirmation email) however any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Mr Davo
User

Re: Volume on iSCSI target (NAS) disappears during backup?

Postby Stuart » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi Davo,

It's Stuart here, thanks for posting.

I don't believe that the iSCSI target should be disappearing during the backup (at least not by design). I think we'll need to take a look at the logs and unfortunately I haven't seen the submission you sent in either.
However since you've had issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

Browse to the following folder on your system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist v8

Look for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.

If you find that this file is too large to email directly; please upload directly to our support team via http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Please note that there is a 50MB file size limit.

If you have issues getting the diagnostics across to us, then please let us know as we'll need to find an alternative way to receive these.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v8