Backup verification

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Backup verification

Postby crickard62 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:24 am

Good afternoon,

I have a system backup verification that has been running for over 63 hours and 47 minutes. The data container (vhd) is approximately 125 GB. Given an arbitrary amount of data, how long can I expect the verification? Is there a way to estimate when it will complete?

Chris
crickard62
User

Re: Backup verification

Postby casey.burns » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:36 am

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

I have already responded to your e-mail asking for the same information. Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Postby crickard62 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:14 am

For everyone else's benefit, the answer I was given can be summarized as follows:

Unfortunately, there is no way to estimate how long a given backup verification will take.

If you're going to use the backup verification, use the quick verification which takes less time. This can bet set in BackupAssist > Manage > Double-click your backup job > Backup verification.

There were some initial issues with Backup Verification - it was suggested to use version 8.3.0.
crickard62
User

Postby dvnai123 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:06 am

Sorry for resurrecting but this is the only post relevant to my issue.

I like the OP, have a verification that has been running for a little over 83 Hours. I was wondering if it is safe for me to cancel verification and set it to do quick verification or if I should wait it out? I'm on Version 9.2.2, the drive that's being verified has a 1.2TB backup being verified, the files successfully tested is at 36.50GB.

My concern is that the daily backup that is scheduled is queued but hasn't run since the verification started.

TIA,

Dylan
dvnai123
User

Postby michael.jones » Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 am

Hello,

Yes, it should be okay to cancel the verification.

Please open the task manager and stop the following process if running: BAExecutorWinApp
Then run the following command to see if an image backup is currently running: WBAdmin get status

If the command above indicates no backups are in progress, then try to run the backups again as the issue most likely is resolved.

If a backup job is running, then run the following command: WBAdmin stop job

This will then stop the current backup process completely and allow you to restart your job without this error occurring again.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v8