Error Handling

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Error Handling

Postby Drhoges » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Hello,

I'm running BackupAssist Version 8.4.2r1 attempting incremental file copy backups every night. About 75% of the time it works fine but the other times I get errors like "specified network name is no longer available", "network path was not found", and "invalid handle". I realize this can happen sometimes but is there a way to continue the job after these errors happen? I have it set to skip 1000 files (max) but I am still having jobs stop completely.

Thank you.
Drhoges
User

Re: Error Handling

Postby michael.jones » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:03 am

Hello,

It's Michael Jones from the support desk.

There is no way to disregard the 1000 file limit.

We'll need to resolve the condition that is causing the files to be skipped.

I'm afraid that I'll require some additional information from you.

Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist? This will give us a lot more information to run on to be able to help resolve this quickly for you.

The steps to submit diagnostics are as follows:
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.
5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.
Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.

If you have further issues, please browse to:

32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
Browse for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.
As an alternative, you can also use our manual upload site which has a limit of 50MB. The URL for this manual submission page is http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Postby ABMSupport » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:44 am

Can anyone help with the error:

Retrieving volume information...
This will back up volume (100.00
... MB)(\\?\Volume{4da50aa4-b7b5-11e3-b80f-806e6f6e6963}\),Data(E:),Local
... Disk(C:) to \\Ls210dd28\FEF-BM\Daily\Wednesday.
The backup operation to \\Ls210dd28\FEF-BM\Daily\Wednesday is starting.
Running a consistency check for the application Exchange.
The backup of volume (100.00
... MB)(\\?\Volume{4da50aa4-b7b5-11e3-b80f-806e6f6e6963}\) successfully
... completed.
The backup of volume Local Disk(C:) could not be completed. Error: The handle
... is invalid.
The backup operation stopped before completing.
Summary of the backup operation:
------------------
The backup operation stopped before completing.
The handle is invalid

I have tried restarting service, recreating the job, changing the destination drive, and deleting the old backup files, but get the same error on all jobs. Server 2011, BA version 8.0.3? Any assistance or ideas welcome.
ABMSupport
User

Postby michael.jones » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 am

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist? This will give us a lot more information to run on to be able to help resolve this quickly for you.

The steps to submit diagnostics are as follows:
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.
5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.
Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.

If you have further issues, please browse to:

32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)
Browse for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.
As an alternative, you can also use our manual upload site which has a limit of 50MB. The URL for this manual submission page is http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Postby ABMSupport » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Thank you for your response, I have submitted the information as requested.
ABMSupport
User

Return to Technical Support v8