Backup Job to NAS won't start as expected

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Moderators: casey.burns, RobertoPuglielli, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Backup Job to NAS won't start as expected

Postby RocknRollTim » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm messaging to ask whether anybody has a much better solution to this problem, basically I have configured a network storage job which performs a mirror copy of data from many of our servers just like our other daily backup jobs except each Saturday at 2.30am after the last daily backup job has finished, unfortunately the backup job didn't initiate and had to manually initiate it at 8.30am, 6 hours later losing 6 hours of backup time. Also the backup job after it was supposed to run a mirror copy of the data on the NAS to an external USB drive connected to the backup server at 2.31am each Saturday, again another network storage job and didn't initiate again which I had to initiate manually. With regards to the network storage job for the NAS, I have authenticated as local administrator on the NAS successfully and can access the share with no problems via Windows Explorer and via the web interface, what am I doing wrong? Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim
RocknRollTim
User

Re: Backup Job to NAS won't start as expected

Postby casey.burns » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

Without having the diagnostic report sent in to us, it's extremely difficult to troubleshoot the issue.

However, there are some instances in which problems with the BA service account will cause this issue. To find out if this is causing the problem, you'll need to change the account used for the BackupAssist service. You'll need to change it to a domain administrator account (preferably the one being used as your BUI, or Backup User Identity)

To change the service account information: open Services console > right-click BA service > Properties > Logon > This account

If this doesn't help, you'll need to send in a diagnostic report to us through the software.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Re: Backup Job to NAS won't start as expected

Postby RocknRollTim » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:32 am

Hi Casey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I would like to say your instructions worked like a treat, thank you for your help.

Regards,

RocknRollTim
RocknRollTim
User

Return to Technical Support v8