Backup Stop Time Question

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Backup Stop Time Question

Postby Marathon » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi Everyone-

I have a client that's using BackupAssist to perform nightly backups. The problem is that the backup takes 20+ hours to do, and when it's running their server is quite slow. I'm wondering if there's any way to edit a schedule so one can start a backup at 9pm and end it at 9am- regardless of it's status- and/or pause it until 9pm comes around again. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Marathon
User

Postby Belinda » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 am

Hi Marathon,

This is Belinda from BackupAssist Technical support. Thanks for posting to our forums.

Although there is no way to actually set a stop time you can set a timeout. The timeout simply means that the backup will get X amount of time to finish and if it is not complete at that point BackupAssist will stop the job and issue a report saying that the job timed out.

Personally I would be reasonably careful about configuring the backup in this way as any day that the job times out you will not have a complete and therefor useful backup of that days data. This could potentially mean if it runs over on multiple days that you could have quite a bit of difficulty if you come to a situation where you need to do a restore.

If you decide to go ahead anyway you will find the control that you need to set this time within the job under Advanced.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Kind Regards
Belinda Francis
BackupAssist Technical Support
Belinda Francis
BackupAssist Support
support@backupassist.com
http://www.backupassist.com
Belinda
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v3