Error code 20100

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Error code 20100

Postby systemas » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:32 am

How can I get help with the error 20100 in the BackupAssist release 3.5.3?
systemas
User

Postby Belinda » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:11 am

Hi Systemas,

This is Belinda from BackupAssist Technical support. Thanks for posting to our forums.

There are many reasons for a number of errors that occur, so without more information I can only give you the most common explanation of the errors, but please take a look at the following;

Error #20200 - Out of memory (OOM) is a pathological state of computer operation where all available virtual memory has been allocated. To resolve this issue we would suggest that you close any un-necessary applications and make sure that high CPU utilizing software (such as antivirus programs, mp3 players, etc) be shutdown or suspended prior to running your backup.

Error #20100 - Indicates that there is insufficient disk space to store catalog files, backup reports or the backup itself. Please try increasing the amount of free disk space on any local drives that may be effected by the backup.

Error #20009 - If another backup process is running, or a session of NTBackup is open when the BackupAssist job starts to run, you may get this error. Please make sure that all previous backups have finished and that no sessions of NTBackup are running (check the process list in Task Manager).

If you are still getting errors after following the suggestions above and once you have installed this upgrade, could you please enable debugging logging (View > Navigator > Information) and resimulate the error and then supply me with some diagnostic information - for help with compiling the diagnostics, please visit: http://www.backupassist.com/HTMLHelp/Tr ... upport.htm and send the diagnostics.zip file to support@backupassist.com.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
Belinda Francis
BackupAssist Support
support@backupassist.com
http://www.backupassist.com
Belinda
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v3