Permission denied (70)

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: casey.burns, Stuart, michael.jones, gsohal, Mike D

Permission denied (70)

Postby digitag » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:53 pm

Good day.
I'm running Windows 2000 Server SP4 and BackupAssist latest version (3.4.2). My backup device is a Rev35GB (external, USB2.0).

My backup strategy is backup up files on the local hard drive and have them copied to the Rev disk afterwards. The backup strategy also implies deleting backup files older than 30days from the local hard disk and from the Rev disk as well.

Problem is that from time to time, I get a backup "encountered errors" e-mail report. Looking into the detailed report I find these two errors:
A) Error occurred whilst deleting file: F:\2005-12-15.bkf.gzip (Permission denied)
--> it was trying to delete the old backup file from the Rev Disk
B) Copying backup file
An error occurred whilst copying the backup file: Permission denied (70)
--> it was trying to copy the newly made backup file from local hard drive to the Rev Disk

What is strange is that I do not get this error each and every time, but only at times. I also did get this error with prvious version of BackupAssist I had installed (3.3.1).

Thanks,
Gianluca
digitag
User

Re: Permission denied (70)

Postby Microsync » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 am

Hi I'm having the same issue with the files copying to an external drive on another shared server. I can create files and move files manually through explorer however and files bigger than 4 gb give this permission error. so the differential backups work but the full backups fail. the HDD is NTFS and has othe files that are well over 60 gb with no problem. HELP!
Microsync
User

Re: Permission denied (70)

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for your post.

Thank you for trying the suggestions Tim has made in his post and I'm sorry to hear that they didn't help resolve the issue.

Would it be possible for you to send in some diagnostic information so that we can look into this for you further?
To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:

1) Go to Contact Support (from the bottom-left corner of the console) -> Contact Support
2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.

If you have anything to add, please reply to my post or send an e-mail directly to support@backupassist.com.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v3